||World War II Armed Forces — Orders of Battle and Organizations
||Last Updated 05.03.2010
Royal Hungarian Army
(Reduced-strength Light Division as used for occupation duties)
1 July 1942
This organization applied to the reduced-strength Light Divisions used on the East Front
to secure the rear areas (Line-of-Communication zones). The infantry and cavalry
companies only had three platoons.
The men were of various age groups; and not all equipment authorized to full-strength light divisions was taken along.
Although the Hungarians did not redesignate these
divisions as "Security" Division, the Germans did, (Sicherungs-Divisione),
but this was to indicate purpose, and does not reflect Hungarian
usage. However, to avoid confusion with the full-strength Light Divisions fielded under
the Second Army at this same period, they are shown here as "Security" Divisions.